In a world of social media overload and constant distractions, BookShout’s vision is very simple—we want people to Read More. With the goal of providing nearly any book imaginable, we desire to help you read more on your smart phone, tablet, computer, watch, or your favorite device. We’re not against online video or SnapChat, but we want your life to be full of meaning. People who read more are healthier, happier, make more money, and look sexier in the mirror (we’re not sure on the last point, but we are trying to verify it!).
- Studies have shown that people who read more slow the progress of Alzheimer’s and Dementia. The mental stimulation of consistent reading keeps them sharp.
- People who read 20 or more books a year tend to have incomes over $100,000, and top CEO’s read four to five books per month, which increases their knowledge and allows them to be more effective.
- People who read consistently are more articulate, better writers, and have a larger vocabulary.
- The National Center for Education Statistics reports that young children who were read to by their parents are also more likely to count higher, write their own names sooner, and have increased tendencies to pretend and play. Furthermore, the more types of books in your home, school, libraries, and online, the higher students score in reading proficiency, according to the Educational Testing Service.
- In a single five-minute span, the average person will divide their time on five to ten different tasks such as checking email, monitoring their smart phone, chatting with friends and more. Yet reading increases focus, and just 15-20 minutes of reading each day, enables people to perform at a higher level.
- Many of the world’s greatest leaders including Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther, Bill Gates and others have been known to be avid readers. There is a clear link between reading and leading.
So BookShout is helping you Read More. To date, over 2.1 BILLION words have been read on BookShout, 22 MILLION eBooks have been sent out to businesses, schools, and organizations, and our top readers are consuming 1-2 books a DAY. We’re helping save the environment, too. Approximately 80,000 – 160,000 trees are cut down daily to supply people with paper and paper products, but with our innovative digital platform, we are saving our forests.
With BookShout, you can set a daily reading goal with our award-winning technology, choose a bestselling or free eBook, and start creating a healthy reading habit today. Whether you buy an eBook directly from us or receive one through our myriad of partnerships with various retailers, companies, and friends, our goal is still the same. We want you to Read More because it’s good for you.
It’s a lofty goal, but we’re committed to it. So grab a free eBook from us and get started. We look forward to serving you.